Vacancy – Electrician
Cairn Cross is expanding our workforce and looking for an experienced electrician to join our growing team and begin or further their career in our multi-disciplined civil engineering Company. You will work within our delivery team and undertake our electrical installations on various live projects throughout the UK. You will join an enthusiastic and driven team supporting your career development.
About Cairn Cross
Cairn Cross is a multi-disciplined design and build specialist main contractor for rail depots and bespoke projects. We work across various sectors, offering complete civil engineering projects nationwide.
With over 25 years of experience, we employ over fifty staff, delivering significant infrastructure across the UK through our complete in-house specialists where safety is paramount.
To achieve our promise of complete client satisfaction, every project, every time we have established our core values as People, Planet and Performance.
- Safe operations on site
- Installation of electrical works on site from site setups to new build installations
- Unistrut and tray installations
- Installation of Lighting systems and control
- Cable installation (e.g SWA, Singles)
- Testing and inspection
- Assist with material requirements
- Check the quality of work
- Assist with QA
- Communications with Supervisor and Project Managers
- Must be a hardworking individual, willing to learn
- Must have effective written and verbal communication
- Understanding of Drawings and Plans
- Ability to Communicate and Report effectively
- Knowledge of Construction Procedures, Equipment and HSE Guidelines
- Should be able to focus on attention to detail
- Must be able to manage their time efficiently
- NVQ level 3 or City & Guilds 2360/2330 part 1 & 2 qualification
- City & Guilds 2391/2394 & 2395 inspection and testing (Desirable)
- An understanding of Health and Safety Regulations within the workplace.
- IPAF and PASMA are not essential but desirable.
- City & Guilds 18th Edition qualification
- 2 Years’ experience
- Full UK Driving License
- Location: Various
- Hours: 07:00am – 17:30pm
- Contract: Full-time/Permanent
- Salary: Competitive based on experience
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Cairn Cross is an equal-opportunity employer and welcomes applications from everyone. We promote an open and transparent culture and a workplace where everyone feels included and is treated fairly and respectfully. If you need help with your application, don’t hesitate to contact us.
- 24 days annual leave and bank holidays
- Birthday off
- Health care insurance
- We provide flexible, agile working availability to roles where jobs permit
- Training, personal development and higher education support
- Enrolment in the company pension scheme
Please send your CV with a cover letter to Careers via firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly below.