Vacancy – Business Admin Apprentice
Business Admin Apprentice
Cairn Cross have the opportunity for a enthusiastic apprentice to join our team and begin an exciting career in the Construction industry.
We are offering the chance to study for a Level 3 NVQ whilst learning on the job. We are a small and dynamic team which would suit someone with a passion to learn and is dependable and mature in their approach.
The training will be delivered through eLearning so there will be no requirement to attend formal College but you will need to have strong written English skills due to the nature of the role.
You will be based in our office in Morley which is centrally located and we provide kitchen facilities with free tea and coffee.
About Cairn Cross
Cairn Cross is a multi-disciplined design and build specialist main contractor for rail depots and bespoke projects. We work across various sectors, offering complete civil engineering projects nationwide.
With over 25 years of experience, we employ over fifty staff, delivering significant infrastructure across the UK through our complete in-house specialists where safety is paramount.
To achieve our promise of complete client satisfaction, every project, every time we have established our core values as People, Planet and Performance.
- Provide a range of administration support to both office and site based staff where required.
- Be responsible for the accurate printing, binding, photocopying and associated tasks of reports and documents.
- Be responsible for arranging the maintenance and day to day upkeep of the photocopier and printers.
- Be responsible for the ordering of stationery and ensure the register is up to date and supplies are at the correct levels.
- The input of data and use of a number IT packages such as word and excel and familiarisation with Microsoft Office.
- Arrange and attend meetings and take notes and distribute minutes.
- Sourcing and arranging training events with follow up and feedback.
- Providing support to the Health, Safety, Quality and Environment Manager in the distribution of information to site.
- Supporting the Directors with ongoing administration requirements.
- Supporting the general upkeep of the IMS (Information Management system) and documents.
- Computer literate and proficient in the Microsoft Office suite
- Must be a hardworking individual who is willing to learn
- Must have effective written and verbal communication
- Some experience in the industry at some level would be beneficial
- Should be able to focus on attention to detail
- Must be able to manage their time efficiently
- Location: Morley, Leeds
- Hours: 08:00am – 17:00pm Monday – Thursday , 8.00am – 3.30pm Friday
41 paid hours with 30 minutes per day lunch break
- Contract: Full-time/Permanent
- Salary: £5.28 per hour apprenticeship rate (year 1)
- 24 days annual leave and bank holidays
- Birthday off
- Health care insurance (following a probationary period)
- Training, personal development and higher education support
- Enrolment in the company pension scheme (following a probationary period)
Possible Progression routes
Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship you will have the opportunity to continue to gain experience in your role or specialise in a specific area such as training , health and safety , HR or accounts.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Cairn Cross is an equal-opportunity employer and welcomes applications from everyone. We promote an open and transparent culture and a workplace where everyone feels included and is treated fairly and respectfully. If you need help with your application, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Please send your CV with a cover letter to Careers via email@example.com or apply below.